Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Saturday, February 13, 2010

That day, that evening

Whizzing down the roads with your hand on mine, resting on my lap. Sigur Ros playing in the background, strange Hopelandic falsetto. The glorious, ombre sky in shades of pale yellow rising into a bluey grey. Silences intertwined with words, words, so many words that don't convey enough. Amazing how this language, with all these colourful adjectives and verbs can't express how full my heart is, so silence will have to do. And this day whilst not our last together forever, will be the last like this. When we do meet next, we will be polite and politically correct, our replies carefully sculpted and not completely true, our enthusiasm falsely elevated.

I want to remember this moment forever.

0 comments: