Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Melbourne ahoy

So I arrived in Melbourne yesterday. SUNNY Melbourne, which displeased me, because I actually kind of fancy dreary weather. I might change my tune in time.

I teared up waving goodbye to X at OOL, much to the alarm of several nice ladies in the loo. The flight was punctual. I got no sleep, having sat beside The Most Talkative Lady Ever. Spent the next 1.5 hours or so listening about her wonderful life, her husband of 50.5 years, her perfect family, her perfect life, her travels to Europe. Per my calculations, she would be about 100 years old, give or take, but the woman still qualified as MILF, with long fluttering lashes and a slim figure honed by 40 mile runs every Sunday. Took the SkyBus to Southern Cross Station where AL got me. Dragged half my weight in luggage+laptop to her apartment on Franklin St. Wandered about the city. Mused out loud how much cheaper food is here. Sooky came by after work; we had Chinese for dinner before heading to her new place in Glen Iris, where I'm staying now. Spent the night talking and catching up (we haven't seen each other in 3 years). I'm forgotten how fun it is doing girly things, discussing upcoming shopping trips, trying on each other's stuff. Haven't had a decent girlfriend in ages; most of my Queensland friends are male.

I miss the beaches, the boys, the comfort of knowing exactly where every most things are, my car and being held to sleep. But I think I'll survive this.

0 comments: