Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Review: Jogoya

One of my favourite engagements was for a company located in the Twin Towers. For one thing, the Towers are attached to a mall. So in spite of the long hours that came along with the job, I could whip out for quickie shopping trips whenever I felt like it.

It was a secondment, but I felt completely at home with the team. Mind you, it was a very big team. They made effort to include me, and I had never felt more happy.



So on Thursday, we finally had the team dinner at Jogoya, located in Star Hill.
Despite initial hesitation (my favourite team mate couldn't make it), I was glad to have gone. For one, they have a Haagen Daz spread. Like 10 flavours. I heart Green Tea, Strawberry, Vanilla, Cookies and Cream. Mind you, we ate a lot of ice cream. I wasn't too impressed with the savoury food though. It wasn't horrible, but bordered the line between that and mediocre. I thought the sashimi and sushis were okay, but had to return to remind the guy of my Unagi Roll when it failed to turn up after 30 minutes. On a Thursday night, when it's not packed, that kind of crappy service is quite unacceptable.

Apart from the ice cream, desserts were pretty much all disappointing. The only hits were the mochi (with others, not me. Find mochi kinda queer) and tiramisu (very light).

The company was enjoyable. No regrets going, but I wouldn't personally fork out MYR108++ to eat there again. Rather have my favourite iced chocolate and chicken and mushroom pie at Dome. Twice. On the plus side, I managed to savour a variety of exotic foods such as escargot (gritty. Did they wash out the sand?), lobster (all mushed up in a wasabi tinged salad), abalone, oyster (GROSS!) etc.

I did get a diarrhea the next day though.

0 comments: