Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coffs Harbour

We were on our way back from Sydney. We stopped to admire the harbourfront view. There was a gelato shop.

The kindly old man at the counter shook his head when I asked for strawberry, "Not in season, miss."

My face fell a little. "I'll have rum 'n' raisin then, I guess."

He gave me the Biggest Scoop of Ice Cream I had ever seen. In the land of oversized portions, this was about the size of my head.

"He must really like you," X said, licking his significantly smaller scoop of chocolate. I offered him a bite to quell his envy.

We sat on a bench by the harbour, occasionally trading ice creams. A flock of seagulls, not unlike the ones from Finding Nemo ("Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?") gathered around us. Feeling sorry for a single-legged one, X flung him the last bit of his cone.

And then we sat in companionable silence, enjoying the perfect day.

0 comments: