Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Friday, October 22, 2010

There we are

The title of this post bears no significance whatsoever. C just happens to like muttering the phrase to himself while slaying beasts on Darksiders (and whilst baking date, walnut and banana cake), in that funny faux British way he does.

The car survived, happily enough, with minimal lasting damage on both vehicle and pocket. Thought I'd pimp my awesome mechanic out. Ross McNaught is a genius and a kind soul. Instead of charging me AUD500+ for the damage (panel beaters needed to be brought in) or alternatively, giving up on me, he fixed the entire thing himself for less than half that price. I was this close to springing a hug on the man.


C and I went chair hunting and found this little gem for half price at Officeworks.


This is what happens when a very white guy decides to date a sun loving girl, sans sunscreen.


My first attempt at carrot cake, one of my all time favourites. Yums.


C took me out for Thai on the Broadwater. Good stuff, though I really need to stop overestimating my tolerance for spice.


Sitting off Seaworld Dr with SK, whiling the day away.



C and I randomly decided to take the turn off to Tambourine, which led to our little excursion to the Skywalk. At AUD18.50 per pax for a glorified 1.5km walk, it's not something I would choose to do again but we did have fun.


Strangler figs: cool.











Mud cake at the Skywalk cafe.



After that, we got a little lost looking for this nice Botanic Garden I had wanted to show C. I usually head north towards Tambourine, so I mucked up the directions (we spent the morning in Logan).





I particularly like this photo.


A wheelbarrow of pretty weeds.


This is the grumpiest gallah ever. Mike, our temporary flatmate who returns to Sydney today (so he can bring all the fish back) rescued this baby bird fom a field. He appeared to have tumbled out of his nest and seemed stunned fo the first couple of days. He now squawks at regular intervals for attention.


Um.



Emperor Moe sinks his claws into my dress, demanding to be petted. I acquiesce, as always.



The central Gold Coast Highway is currently jammed up with bogans and flashers. The Indy races are on for the weekend. This ferris wheel was erected atop a random building in Surfers in conjunction with the event.

0 comments: