Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Monday, September 6, 2010

Words

Today, I poured my heart and soul out to someone I love in words. About a page long, what would have normally taken me 10 minutes (I'm a fast writer) took six times as long to articulate. To edit. To re-edit. And again.

But it's nothing compared to trying to write a cash rate report when you have NO IDEA what cash rate is. And you think you can Wikipedia it and learn it on laymen's terms but it's got something like a three sentence paragraph on it. And then you check on the Reserve Bank website and it comes along with multi-graphed charts and statistics with strange terms they never taught you in college. And all these strange terms they never taught you in college are all linked to more charts and statistics.

So of course you decide to watch episode 11 of the sixth season of Grey's Anatomy. I can't believe Sloan and Little Grey broke up. Sob. Older men make such stupid choices. And then you decide to watch some action at Dunder-Mifflin. John Krasinski is unbelievably cute and funny. He looked absolutely terrible in Away We Go, with that yucky Post-Cute Brad Pitt beard and glasses.

Office cutie vs. deranged-hobo-in-need-of-a-hairwash



And then you cough up another 3 sentences. Like squeezing blood out of stone (which by the way, rhymes with Sloan who is an asshole). Only 4/5 more of the page to go. Maybe I should use font size 32. She did mention that the page formatting is entirely up to my discretion.

And then you end up writing about the writing process on your personal blog so you don't feel like you've only written 1/5 of a page on cash rates and one very sad love letter in the past 5.5 hours you've been sitting here.

Thank God I didn't leave this until 9am tomorrow. Looks like I won't be sleeping much again tonight.

0 comments: