Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Saturday, September 11, 2010

2 weeks

Being single for the first time in my adult life is kind of liberating (it didn't count when I was in Melbourne because I got long, long calls every single day from my exes trying ensure I wasn't dating). I swim, I spa, I have random friends stay over, I befriend strangers, I drive ridiculous amounts of distances whenever I feel like it. On the flip side, all the dumb things people do as 18 year olds? I'm making those mistakes right about... now. Thankfully apart from a severe lack of sleep, mild trauma from my own stupidity and a completely manic bout of spring cleaning, I remain relatively unscathed.


My dear friend JC visited from Malaysia and proceeded to do what I both hate and miss about Malaysians - give me loads of unsolicited advice and opinions. Sigh. I miss her already. The unbelievably adorable baby Chloe, with her long, long lashes, is of Portuguese, Aussie and Samoan heritage.

A live possum at Caboolture. Such adorable creatures. Warning: Don't try touching - they scratch and bite like crazy.


Funnily enough, Homer does NOT say "D'oh!" when you press the button. I declined the present anyway.


Jordan, the most well brought up, perceptive kid ever, child of two extremely good looking parents. "I like your shoes," this 5 year old observed. "You're really pretty," I replied, in 5 year old mode. "Thank you", she accepted the compliment gracefully, without any conceit or feigned modesty. That's Cutie, the almost bunny-like Maltese in her arms.

Conclusion: Must find Samoan sperm donor for future offspring.



A carnival of lights and the sunset over the marina. PW and SK joined me for dinner, before a long talk and walk along The Spit's breakwater and back.

0 comments: