Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pivots

Have you ever thought about the times you made a life changing decision? Per the Myer Briggs Type Indicator (I'm currently reading Gifts Differing, best book ever), I'm an INFP, with judgment as my weakest point. Meaning I'm one of those people who tend to take a lot of crap before I put my foot down (read: doormat). My desire to be tactful and peacemaker has led me into a lot of undesirable situations, in which I felt compromised.

It's always taken a fair bit to really push me over the edge. Below are some turning points, times where the proverbial straw broke the equally proverbial horse, when...

... you insisted on moving with no consideration for my input.

... you termed my attempt at efficiency 'lazy'.

... you dismissed all my effort summarily.

... you blew me off without even a semi-decent excuse.

... you lied to my face for the final time.

... you left me alone in a foreign country.

... I graduated.

... you became an asshole during that NYE trip.

... you posted that slanderous note about me publicly.

... you overreacted when my foot slipped.

... you sniffed deeply into my hair during that movie.

(Points deliberately vague as many of these people remain a part of my life, only much less important than they could have been.)

0 comments: