Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Moomba + Natural Bridge

Colin Hay at the Moomba Festival. If the name doesn't ring a bell, he's the vocalist of Men At Work, who came up with the anthemic Land Down Under. And also the trombador in one of the earlier Scrubs episodes who followed JD around.



Vanessa Amorosi of the annoyingly catchy Absolutely Everybody fame. She was half an hour late, which is terrible when the crowd is standing the indecisive Melbourne weather. But was it ever worth it. The woman is an amazing stage performer. I'm not a fan, but her enthusiasm got the crowd singing and clapping along soon enough.

The Melbourne skyline from the Southgate food court, where I had some good-natured verbal sparring with an astonishingly tall cashier at BOOST (yes, the semi-cute redhead). He started it by calling me "small". Ooity's leftover chips attracted the city's pigeon population, from which we fled.

Skywriting on an especially sunny Saturday. Sooky and I did IKEA (long live Swedish meatballs!), beachy suburbs and Alice in Wonderland. Tim Burton is some crazy genious.



The Little Nerang Dam. YM and I failed to see the Hinze Dam (yes, it's STILL under construction. Phase 3 now. My great great grandchildren may catch a glimpse of it next century).

YM vs Persistent Turkey. It followed us for a good 20 metres before he lost his patience.

The cave at the Natural Bridge. We'd decided to go there on a whim, on a day with Melbourne-sque weather (showers, sun, showers, sun etc), so we had the entire park to ourselves.

Lizard. We saw some wallabies too, but snap reflexes aren't my strongest point.

2 comments:

Subashini said...

Oh... Colin Hay! Of Men at Work!!!

Revealing myself to be the 80's geek that I *sincerely* am.

Jan Banks said...

I'm more of a 70's geek. This is probably why I keep ending up with men twice my age and find Steven Tyler sexy.