Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Saturday, March 6, 2010

My random life

The weather was completely insane today. Sooky and I had been contemplating a Great Ocean Road drive but decided to head to the South Wharf DFO instead. I am now poorer by three figures, but have gained in dresses (I ♥ silk, though not the drycleaning bill) and footwear (silk flats and leather thongs). Turns out the climatologists had greatly underestimated the weather - we had hail, rain and the entire Melburnian public transport system went haywire. So much for the Moomba Festival.

The trees had their branches ripped bare. Maple leaves scattered across the tram stop roof at the Arts Precinct.



Hail! Sooky's car suffered a few light indentations, whilst the fibreglass roof at our apartment porche shattered from the force.

The floods caused the traffic to slow to a crawl. By crawl, I mean an inch of movement every 10 minutes or so.

JH's complaints of stomachache escalated and we finally took him to The Alfred at Prahan. The visit resulted in an overnight stay and an appendectomy. They're still nervously waiting on the arrival of the invoice, with an estimated damage of $5,000 - 8,000. Never fall sick in Australia unless you're covered by Medicare or private insurance.

A unit block somewhere along the Hawthorn part of Glenferrie Rd. I could not get the Easter Island character from Night in the Museum out of my head. No, you dumb-dumb!

Kites at St Kilda beach, as I strolled around, eating 2 cheeseburgers and a large fries (thank you, metabolism), post-interview.

0 comments: