Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Monday, January 19, 2009

That's Dr X to you, thank you

After about a year of back breaking effort, X finally graduated. The ceremony was held at the Gold Coast Arts Centre in Bundall, which exceeded our expectations.

After the ceremony, I brought a bunch of the balloons home. They're slowly languishing in the living room at the moment.



X paid AUD30 for each of us guests, but we only got finger food. The salmon wrap hors d'oeuvres were yummy. I was ravenous with hunger towards the end.

I snuck off to camwhore in the brightly lit loo. I got the dress and cardigan from the Geelong Westfield during the Boxing Day sales. My newly hacked off hair for once, behaved itself.

Everyone was dressed to the nines. There was a really good looking redhead at our table, whose flimsy dress threatened to expose her right boob everytime she moved. We were pretty disappointed that it stayed put after all.



This guy, I forget his name, was really funny. Aside from being a student, he's a talented balloon artist. He made a spider, alien, dragonfly, dog, weird hats etc.





This arrangement was designed specifically for parental misconstruction.



Aside from graduating with a Diploma in Remedial Massage, X was also awarded as the Dux of the School. Not ducks. D-U-X. No quacking jokes allowed. His speech was received with great enthusiasm in spite of its length. X had also spent the entire past two weeks hogging the computer attempting to create a video presentation, which was also met with great enthusiasm. God bless the ever-affable people of MSQ.

I am so proud of him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I'm so happy for you!

Your dress is eh-hem... open at the front. Chest. You must know.

Jan Banks said...

BOOBIES!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ahem, past the boobie jokes....d.u.x. award sounds like something that they would give away in Harry Potter, sounds like a word but isnt spelled the same way and means something totally different

Jan Banks said...

that's weird... i know what you mean but for the life of me, can't figure out what the exact word is...