Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The deed is done

I finally did it. Upon the touchdown of our flight from Tullamarine and our return home, I picked up the kitchen scissors and hacked off my almost waist length hair.


The result was surprisingly refreshing. All my life, I've had Ah Beng hairdressers reiterate that my head is "too big" to pull off a short bob, that long hair is the only option there is, should I want to maintain some semblance of attractiveness.

I have to admit it choked me up a little, to see my ponytail no longer attached to my head. Hair for women after all, is an emotional thing.



However there was still a problem. Due to the bluntness of the blades (and the haste of its handler), an enormous chunk behind my head had been lopped off, with rather distasteful results. I hurried to the nearest hair salon for damage control. My hairdresser was most horrified/ amused to learn of the origins of the accident.

After a couple of days, I've learnt to appreciate how much more convenient my shorter do is to maintain. My fringe can now neatly fit behind my ears and no longer sticks to my lips when the wind blows. I use less shampoo and conditioner. I can wash my hair in the evening and have it dry before bedtime. I'm shedding a lot less too, making X's life a lot easier.

And thankfully, I look no younger than I usually do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PICS???

Anonymous said...

O.M.G! you did that yourself? hahahha!! that was a very very brave move girl! :p

yea...pictures! :D

Jan Banks said...

my new profile pic on fb! not a very good shot though. akan datang.