Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Photolog: Melbourne CBD 2 - Churches

Melbourne is abundant with European-style architecture. The churches here are tourist attractions in their own right, most being over a century old. I would have liked to take more snapshots of a few lesser known ones but my camera phone died on me.

This is St Patrick's cathedral.


My courage to photograph the insides was dampered by the bouncer usher who kept eyeing me suspiciously, aided by the disdainful families standing outside. How dare this lowly tourist, underdressed in tights and a sweaty hoodie enter this sacrilegious site! Nonetheless, I managed to sneak pass.


Next was the infamous St Paul's cathedral, its popularity fuelled by its vicinity to the Flinder's Street Station and possibly, Starbucks.


Captain Flinders - the bloke whom everything here appears to be named after.



This picture does no justice to the stained glass found inside. Sadly, this spot is extremely popular with other camera-toting foreigners and it's pretty difficult to get a decent picture without someone inadvertently standing in the middle of it. Point proven below.



0 comments: