Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Photolog: Melbourne CBD 1

Flinders Street Station

The free City Circle tram - takes you around most of the main areas

The Melbourne GPO - stands for General Post Office, but really is a nice, rather exclusive mall


X and I had dinner here, probably the first reasonably priced (and decent!) Malaysian meal in Australia. I am still traumatised by the AUD142 bill at Jazz Ria (for eats like Roti Canai and Fried Calamari etc!).

I had Beef Hokkien Mee AUD8). Absolutely scrumptious.


I can't believe this made it to Australia! I'm not sure if it's similar to the ubiquitous (and pathetic) Malaysian franchise though.


Chinatown here is heaps better than the crappy Brisbane one. Instead of the usual Made in China trinkets, the focus here was on glorious Asian food.

Southbank overlooking the Yarra River. Very hip place full of chi chi yuppies sipping overpriced soy-milk-no-whipped-cream-less-sugar-mochacinnos.



There's a Batman's Park and a whole Batman empire in Melbourne. I'm unsure of the origins of this fetish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jan!

had a great christmas in melb? :)
looks like you've settled down very well in Aus huh. hehe. great!

anyway, drop by to wish ya happy new year!!

Jan Banks said...

hey girl, happy new year to you too! did you get my text? i didn't get a reply...

Anonymous said...

i was back home..erm received it late last night when i arrived back at sg...hope u received the reply? come online on weekends! :p

Jan Banks said...

i did, i did! i just bought a laptop. should be going online more often soon! :D