Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fingal daytrip photolog

X and I spent our Sunday cruising along to New South Wales. We live pretty much at the border of the two states and it was a bright sunshiney day that begged for a mini-roadtrip.

We stopped at Fingal and bushwalked through the Fingal Beach Park (which smelt like cat piss and is home is wild turkeys). Being there just reaffirmed my belief that any photograph snapped randomly in this lucky country is postcard-worthy.

The overview



Fingal Lighthouse. Built in 1872. It was locked. Too bad - I'll bet the view would have been gorgeous.




On the headland overlooking the north side. X and I sunned ourselves like lazy lizards, bringing home souvenir sunburns.


Cook Island, which is a protected marine park. Apparently good for diving.

Weird rock formations. X says it's all volcanic lava.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan, everything's so beautiful, I can't believe you're there (and I'm not). Hehe...

Jan Banks said...

you have to come over! we'd have so much fun! i gotta get my driving licence though... :D