Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Monday, November 30, 2009

2 more days before I'm home

I'll be spending the entire month of December in Malaysia (well, except probably five days in either Bali or Bangkok; we're still trying to decide). Looking forward to seeing everyone - new babies, grown up babies, grown up adults, family, friends and I'm even contemplating looking up ex-clients and teachers, if time permits.


This is Ray the blueheeler, 84 doggy years old. He has a limp and isn't allowed in pool. He's on diet, but tries getting his way with this gullible, injured expression when no scraps are thrown his way.


These are Old Bugger (R) and Older Bugger (L). The funniest, most irreverent people I've had the pleasure of meeting in a long time. Older Bugger had no qualms explaining swear words to mild-manner Shim from Hiroshima ("Janice, how would you explain
wanker?" I responded with the appropriate hand gesture.). I arrived at the party bleeding on their floor, having accidentally scratched a femoral vein (it didn't hurt, I didn't notice). The night was hot and humid and we ended up in the pool in borrowed tees and undies, clinging to pool noodles, a doughnut float and Crikey, the croc. Half the guests were Japanese, so I felt free to announce, "I'm going home commando!", much to their bemusement.


Weird stuff Japanese people buy #988564397230. Jelly balls that swell in in water and feel good when squeezed (seriously, there's no other use). They had to reiterate several times, "Not dessert! Not dessert!"


Funky crab from 15 course Chinese dinner at Ming Palace in Broadbeach. It was yummy stuff. Between the 6 of us, there was something like 40% leftovers. It wasn't quite a free lunch dinner though; my faulty English-Mandarin (atrocious), Mandarin-English (so-so) interpreting skills (loosely used term) was required.


My TAA class. I wouldn't have choosen to make presentations on nerdy topics like Maintaining Indoor Plants and Diagnosis and Treatment of Sprains in front of any other 4 people.


JK is the Head Chef at Mike's Kitchen. His meticulous kitchen skills are an art in itself. I swear we were all entranced watching him turn fruit into tiny little evenly-sized cubes. His salad here was bee-yoo-tee-full. Truffle oil does bring out the flavour in everything. Like MSG, but classier and less reviled.


A mussel (OMG, I am so excited I can finally say
Lala and actually be understood when I get back!). I'd never seen a live one, thanks to the notoriously efficient seagulls here. See the white lip sticking out? They move by pushing themselves using that. Fascinating to watch in motion.


Lunch at Kamikaze in the Robina Town Centre with Min Wye. I only wanted to take a picture of the gorgeous wall deco but his big fat head got in the way (I'M KIDDING). The food and service were terrible; I'm never going back. This creepy Chinese waitress spent the entire time hovering over our side dishes like a vulture. And our entree of tempura calamari arrived after our bland food.

0 comments: