Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jan can cook! And manly short shorts stories.


X and I juggle pretty crazy schedules so our main form of sustenance is a giant pot of soup, which will last us three dinners. It's also the only thing I can make (apart from Indomie). Just fry chopped onion and garlic, then dump in loads of vegetables. Celery is the main ingredient and 2 carrots lend a sweet flavour to the broth. Potato and pumpkin and other leafy greens can be added to. Also soup bones (I like beef better than lamb) or chicken thighs. Oh, and not forgetting two stock cubes and some mixed herbs and pepper.


I missed orange poppyseed cake and find most Australian cakes too rich and sweet. My past baking attempts have produced many inedible husks so I decided to rely on a cake mix from Coles. X didn't have an electric mixer, so I melted the butter in the stove and mashed everything with a fork. After 5 minutes, I got fed up and dumped the lumpy dough into the greased and lined saucepan (he didn't have a cake pan either). It turned out pretty darn amazing, considering the makeshift-ness of the whole project.


My colleague, RP and I decided to be twins for the day.


WT and I went to Thai Orchid on Logan Rd for dinner. Sadly I forgot to take pictures of the rest of our dishes. This Seafood Tom Yum was pretty good though. Just the right amount of spiciness.


That's our inhouse Italian's manly pose and glutes. I'm shifting into the greenhouse-like room next week. The other builder wore shorts so short LL spent the entire time with her eyes glued to his butt, anticipating worrying he would inadvertently flash something.

0 comments: