Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Alfresco (though we did sit inside)

We had a craving for Italian so X and I stopped by Surfer's Paradise where he's heard of a great ristorante from a friend of ours.

X: Peter says this place is really awesome.
Me: Peter also happens to be Swedish. They eat meatballs and raw herring. Do you really trust his judgment?
X: ...

Alfresco was packed. There was a table for two outside but I was freezing so we huddled near a heater and (im)patiently waited for an inside table to be cleared.



I had the Risotto Pescatore (AUD26.50) and X had the Fettucine Cabonara (AUD17.50). Both were pretty good. The seafood in my risotto was incredibly fresh, though the baby octopuses were a little rubbery. X's fettucine was incredibly eggy and satisfyingly al dente.



We both had hot chocolates which were yummy, but tummyache inducing. The service was swift, competely negating the need for garlic bread (most risottos I've had require 20 minutes or more of cooking time).

0 comments: