Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

An unwelcome warm and fuzzy feeling

Last week, I headed to Brisbane for a CPD event. For the unenlightened, CPD stands for continuous professional development, which is a way of forcing professionals to keep the associations' coffers full keeps professionals updated with the latest industry and regulation changes.

Since my association is UK-based, many of the people I networked with were migrants and all were sympathetic to my current situation, one even going out of her way to check internally circulated vacancies for me and even sending me back to AG's. Such are the kindness of strangers here.

The next morning while walking to the train station so we could meet Min Wye for breakfast, we strolled across a park. AG grabbed my arm, "Jan! Did you see that?"

Oblivious, I followed her index finger. "What's that?" I wondered why she got so flustered over what appeared to be dried grass spread across the footpath.



We squatted down. I squinted carefully.



We screamed. Then we patiently waited for the pedestrian behind us to step into the fuzzy mess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely gross.

But what is it???

Jan Banks said...

march of the caterpillars!

Anonymous said...

5+ years in Brisbane and I have never encountered anything of the like...you attract the funniest things,hahaha

Jan Banks said...

sadly that's true. i am indeed a freak magnet.

Anonymous said...

Nolar.. it's a sign... it's half an angel's wing.. somethings about to take flight!!