Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mount Tamborine

X has recently begun full time work. While I'm overjoyed we no longer need to freak out at every bill, I miss his company. Last Friday, we took an impromptu drive to Mount Tamborine, which is about half an hour away.

Although I do complain an awful lot about missing city life, our current location gives us quick access to many nice, tourist spots within a one hour radius.


My sorry attempt at panoramic photography. But look at the view!


We stopped by Gallery Walk, which is the obligatory tourist trap street. It was a little quieter than usual as most visitors come for the weekend market. The shops were mostly overpriced artsy-fartsy junk and cafes.

Tatra Food & Wine

Rockin' Koala

Note how the air conditioner has been camouflaged into the faux brickwall and how the flowers decorate the ledge.

The art gallery looked so pretty, but the cover charge of AUD1 promptly scared us away. I know, I know, I'm cheap.

The ice cream was apparently award-winning. Always a sucker for official recognition, I bought this boysenberry and vanilla ice cream which had the unpleasant consistency of cheesecake.

Cuckoo clocks!


0 comments: