Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Speaking of awkward childhood memories

I think I was about 7 or 8 when this picture was taken. The swimsuit belonged to my cousin. Poor me, as the youngest then had a wardrobe full of hand me downs (yes, I started cross-dressing in my brother's shirts and shorts from a young age).

So this was the first time I'd gone to Sunway Lagoon. After this happy picture was taken in that fake surfing pool place, I'd climbed up one of the highest, steepiest, curliest slides determined to make a splash.

So picture scrawny little me, standing on the pinnacle, placing my bum on the slide and whoosh-!

I raised my hands in the air and released an obligatory scream of excitement. My voice however caught in my throat, as I suddenly noticed an obstruction in my way.

A fat blob boy had become lodged in the slide. Betrayed by his own mass, he'd resigned to being part of the experience.

I flailed helplessly and slammed full force into him. Unfortunately, my uncoordinated limbs had carefully arranged themselves to have him trapped between my legs.

I kicked at him hard, ignoring his squeals of pain and forcefully removed him (and myself) from our awkward pose.

I am still so traumatised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That MUST have hurt.

Jan Banks said...

well, the ego, more than anything else really.