Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sex parties, bribing dogs, fridge trophies and other stories

This is a toy. KG decided the mature thing to do would be to fling at me in the dark. Of course.


Keeping KG company during voting proved to be an eye-opening experience.

Jan: Ma, they have a sex party here.

Ma: Don't you dare go to one of those things-!

Jan: It's a political party.

Ma: What?



Lunch at the Brisbane Airport Novotel - long wait, horrendous service, thankfully decent food.

My seafood platter was pretty decent, though no amount of cheese will ever disguise the disgusting oystery-ness of oysters (duly fobbed off to KG).


KG's veal with red wine jus was bee-yoo-ti-full.


A view of the ocean on our little daytrip to the northern end of Brisbane.


The impressive wine collection at Boroughs, a lovely little (though not imaginatively named) cafe/ bar discreetly hidden in Scarborough.


The view from KG's new balcony, enjoyed over garlic prawns, udon noodles and over-celeryfied garden salad.

This is Rosey the Staffie (Staffordshire Bull Terrier), the sort of dog that one cannot possibly not fall in love with (not to mention she fits my Ideal Hugging Dimensions). She rushed up and down in excitement at us guests, dragging the fairly heavy dining chairs around the room (she severely underestimated her own size) in the process.


KG discovered a mini iceberg shaped like a consolation trophy while defrosting the fridge. Of course I had him pose like a proud winner with it. Admittedly, his grin was unconvincingly unconsolatory.


The magpie during our picnic lunch at the Nerang River, showing off his bounty (note worm in beak).


This is Buddy, possibly the most stately dog to ever grace me with his presence. After about 5 times, he's finally decided he doesn't hate me (only because during the fourth meeting, I gave him half a doggy treat).


Behold the symmetry of the paying 'bridge' on The Spit.


SE, my new (and temporary) flatmate had a bit of an incident with her spine, which ended with us rushing her to the hospital for an emergency check up.


I got attacked by a Staffie (not Rosey) at The Spit. RD and I were chatting on the beach and this thing just ran 100m up to me and began scratching and pawing me. I actually bruised and bled in the attack. The owner nonchalantly led the dog away sans apology. Jerk.


At a little inlet off Seaworld Drive. See the tallest buildings in the centre? I'm staying in the architect's room at the moment.


Shiny shield bugs. PW's keen eyesight is amazing. Boo to my lousy Lasik surgery.


Another one on the underside of a leaf.
P/S: Shield bugs release tear-inducing, noxious fumes when provoked. Kind of like organic mace. Don't say I didn't warn you.


0 comments: