Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Friday, June 4, 2010

Rediscovery

Having moved to 20km north of where I used to live, I'm looking at the city town city in a new light. And although my geographic knowledge of Melbourne is far superior (as the signposting is atrocious), I'm surprised at the little bits of the Gold Coast I discover everyday.

Ari and The Cat. Siamese cats are just so lovely, but KG would be highly annoyed if I actually brought this stray one home.

TF's newest offspring is as adorable and genial as the last.

Madam Tojo's at Chirn Park has lots of character, if not anything. The key to the toilet is attached to a long, dramatic feather hidden in a birdcage on the ceiling.


Fortunately, the food was also above average. This lime and pistachio cheesecake was unbelievably good. Prone to basic comfort foods, I was impressed by the unusual combination.


KG's floral reply to my mushy text message, which cannot be repeated here in case my readers get a case of permanent goosebumps.


Seafood risotto! This debut turned out surprisingly edible. I adapted the recipe from here. I reduced the prawn count and included marinara mix and added loads more chicken stock. I think I'm starting to get a knack of this cooking business.

KG's contribution to this week's post.

2 comments:

k0k s3n w4i said...

kids and animals are so cute together - when they aren't psycho kids who like tearing the wings off bugs, of course.

I wish I have a cat, but I would have to get my own place first. My very Chinese family won't tolerate a feline prancing about the place :(

Jan Banks said...

Hello there! Your family should just be grateful you don't want a dog. Or a snake for that matter. Sorry for the late reply - I've been tardy with emails. ;)