Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Friday, June 18, 2010

All kinds of yum

KG and I are currently having a rat problem. He'd been away to Melbourne for a week, during which I noticed a large bite had been taken out of a rotting apple in the bin. I brought this up during a conversation with RD on paranormal activity, which led to a discussion not conducive to my sleeping behaviour that night. Anyway, KG picked up on all the signs and we're now feeding the poor critter with poison. Oh well.

Apparently authentic Italian pizza is made with few ingredients. Thus I decided not to serve RD my honey-soy-kebab-lamb-sausages-pineapple-mushroom-capsicum-tomatoes-onion-garlic creation.

RD's risotto, ossobuco, salad and rye bread feast. Then there was apple strudel too.


Party at Paul's. We huddled around the fire like hobos, munching on Violet Crumble cake.


Live band at Beergarden. I bopped along to Nirvana's Lithium.


Lemon cheesecake. My first attempt with the new mixer (I actually went out to buy a mixer for this) had the kitchen walls, floor and I splattered with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Whilst the actual cake turned out ugly as sin, it was fairly tasty.


HAHAHAHAHA.


KG and I had date night at Shogun, a well-received Japanese establishment in Bundall. The restaurant has the most unassuming facade ever, tucked discreetly between furniture outlets.


We had Mixed Sushi (AUD13.90) for entree and Tori Karaage (AUD12.90), Maguro Steak (AUD18.90) and Chahan (AUD6.90) . The food was pretty decent for Gold Coast standards and the service absolutely excellent. The waitresses were extremely attentive. I mean, they actually asked us which order the dished were to come in, and if it was okay to cook the steak now?



The cutesy Japanese garden outside.

0 comments: