Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Monday, October 26, 2009

It's a good thing I was stoned last weekend

So X and I celebrated four years of endurance courtship last weekend.

The night before:

X: Get dressed up tomorrow, we're doing something special okay?
Jan: Are we going to the Irish dance?
X: What Irish dance?

We went to the Irish dance. X is like the most predictable person on earth I have ESP.

I had extremely low expectations as the Gold Coast standard of art can be likened to its inhabitants' love of outlet stores and fast food. But it turned out to be pretty fun. It was like watching the Mamma Mia. Terribly campy and corny and the storyline made no sense whatsoever (good triumphs over evil with lots of tap dancing and singing in garish polyester; evil people look like durians; choreography is done according to the hirsuteness of one's chest), and the cast were mostly terribly unattractive. But once you got over that, their passion was infectious and soon I was hooting and clapping along. Unfortunately, cameras aren't permitted at the venue hence the lack of photographic evidence.


I do however, have a picture of a drunk lady in a sumo fatsuit at the ATM on Chevron Island. Oh, the randomness.


Bangkok Thai restaurant seemed to be the only decent venue open at 10pm. The waitresses rolled their eyes, but the food was decent (I hope they didn't spit in our food) and I could hardly bear to use the elegant lotus-shaped serviette.


We drove to Beechmont, which is like, in the middle of NOWHERE and came across people flying. Of course, I fell asleep in the car.



I really miss doing this.


Lahey's Canungra Tramway Tunnel. I found Asian people in Canungra! How unbelievable is that? Not in the tunnel, but at the petrol station. We are truly ubiquitous.

0 comments: