Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Size matters

Employment remains elusive, hence my sudden frugality. Thankfully, Gold Coast is full of op shops. I bought this skirt at the Salvos at Burleigh Heads for a measly AUD6.

Apart from my lacking income, another problem is size. I'm about 5 feet tall and an XS (US size 0 or UK size 6). This is pretty proportionate for someone my height. However, most people here (and anywhere else for that matter) tower over me (Last week, the guy at Australia Fair's Zaraffa Coffee failed to notice me standing behind the counter for five whole minutes. So embarrassing).

I'm generally quite happy with my own physicality, but it is terribly difficult to find fitting clothing. I'm pretty thankful for Valleygirl and TEMT, which cater for petites too. I can fit in stuff from Supre as well, but dislike their poor quality and generic style.

Shoes also pose a dilemma. The perfect fit would be US size 4.5 (European 35), but the only brand that carry these are all completely out of my reach. Most people here live in their flip flops, as do I, but I wonder what's going to happen should I wear out my work pumps in the future.

Though at this point, I have no idea when I'll get to exercise them at all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

psst.. LOVE that skirt!! well done at the op shop. ;)

also, looking mighty hot there..hehe. soon you'd be a sun-kissed babe.

Jan Banks said...

thank you dear. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M NOT SEEING YOU WHEN I GET TO MELBOURNE. sigh. well, next year in gold coast then...

Anonymous said...

i know... :( it would've been awesome - shopping, dining, wining, chatting, and more chatting! will definitely make it to gold coast next year. hopefully earlier in the year.. *fingers crossed*

Anonymous said...

Jan! EU35 = US5.5
Trust me, i'm the same size :D Also, i'm currently drooling over a pair in NineWest. Gah.
So. Why haven't we swapped shoes before?

Jan Banks said...

di, your shoes are all severely overpriced. mine are discounted junk from vincci. do feel free to ship stuff over though. i'm still waiting for my jan pants. really, 5.5? i can't fit 5.5 though, it's too big! 4.5 and 35 suit me fine though. how odd. p/s: b is shifting to ss3, call him!

Anonymous said...

Skirt...MINE! Mine!!

Whoops.

Soryr, been learning from Hayden.

Jan Banks said...

jenny, are you going to pinch/ slap me if i don't give it to you too? *hides*