Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The oracular sotong

I've recently gotten into Facebook again, having discovered a neighbour's unsecured wi-fi on the iPod.

(To understand my level of unenlightenment, bear in mind that I do not read newspapers, watch television or listen to the radio.)

First, this caught my eye.

My former English teacher (who once memorably summed me up as 'a little girl with a big voice') actually names her seafood. Shocking. Must be work-related stress.


Did she get the octopus from Germany? And why does everyone else know about it?


Long live the octopus (actually squid, but there isn't an actual Malay term for 'octopus')!


Okay, this is really bizarre.

Thank you, Rae.


Note: For other cave dwellers such as yours truly, Paul the Octopus is a psychic 2 year old Octopus vulgaris (haha). And yes, he's German.

4 comments:

k0k s3n w4i said...

there isn't an actual Malay term for 'octopus'

yes there is. "gurita"

Jan Banks said...

Well... I did get a B3 for Bahasa Malaysia in SPM.

k0k s3n w4i said...

the same as i did :P

i gave up on the language the day i see the word "signifikan"

Jan Banks said...

It's surprisingly handy for office gossip, provided you have a (verbal) sparring buddy.