Ps. 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me.
RSS

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Heat and humidity

Last week flew by with errands and visits and visitors. This week was nicely lethargic, aptly reflected by the cat's perma-belly up position.


Apple and rhubarb pie, made with love. C's folks came over for dinner and were served korma curry and the first roti canai I'd had in a long, long time. Unfortunately, the process went something like this:

Jan: Let's ask your parents over for dinner!

C: Okay.

(2 days before dinner)

Jan: We don't have enough plates! Let's buy some!

C: ...

(2 hours before dinner)

Jan: We don't have a dining table or enough chairs!

C: This was your idea!

Luckily, they were extremely gracious guests and acted as if balancing hot Indian curry on their knees was a normal dinner ritual.


C and I had health check ups. I was given the option of a pap smear, which I duly took. A little weird but really not that bad at all. It detects HPV, y'all. My grandma died of cervical cancer, so it was nice to have this on the government.

Banana cake with cream cheese frosting. Divine.


Some hors d'oeuvres served by my French teacher for our last class. I finally tried foie gras. Much better than pate, but I can't get over the fact a poor goose was tortured to produce the stuff. Also discovered that good marzipan and bad marzipan are a thousand miles apart.


Purr-ito!


C and I escaped the hot weather with a fairly impromptu trip to the Currumbin Rock Pools. Many scrapes and bruises whilst being checked out by teenagers.

0 comments: